Many seminars are offered during the academic year to enrich the intellectual pursuit of our students. National and international reputable scientists, educators, or industry professionals are invited to speak in the computer science colloquia, seminars, or in the lecture series sponsored by corporation, Computer Science Society, Student Chapter of ACM, or the UPE Honor Society.
UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series*:
- Dr. Thomas J. Marlowe (Seton Hall University): The Four Principles of Software Engineering (4/16/2021) - Presentation Slides
- Dr. Edward Chapel (NJEdge): Communicating and Engaging in the Digital Age (4/16/2019) - Presentation Slides
- Mr. Steve Lutinski (Verizon Enterprise Solutions): The Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (4/6/2018) - The UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series was part of The 4th Annual Cyber Security and Big Data Analytics Symposium program.
- Dr. Steven M. Bellovin (Columbia University): Computers, Society, and the Law (4/6/2017) - Presentation Slides
- Dr. Mung Chiang (Princeton University): SDP: Smart Data Pricing from Theory to Deployment (4/13/2016) - Presentation Slides
- *The UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series is made possible by a generous grant from the UPS Foundation of UPS.
Computer Science Colloquia, Seminars, and Lecture Series:
- Dr. Sungchul Lee (Grand Valley State University): Mobile Health System for Supporting Diagnosis by Estimating Postural Balance while Walking (10/19/2020) - Presentation Slides
- Data Science Research Seminars (William Paterson University):
Dr. Cyril S. Ku, Data Science Research at William Paterson University (10/17/2019)
Dr. Jin-A Choi, Examining Consumer Response on Social Media: Crises and Brand Endorsements (10/17/2019)
Dr. Kiho Lim, Data Science in Vehiclular Communication (10/17/2019)
Dr. Bogong Su and Dr. Weihua Liu, Predict Software Performance at Source Code Level for New DSP Using Machine Learning Techniques (10/17/2019)
Dr. Cyril S. Ku, Data Science Research in the Department of Computer Science at William Paterson University (3/22/2018)
Ms. Sara M. Steinel, Naïve Bayes Algorithm: How the Naïve Bayes Classifier works in Machine Learning (3/22/2018)
Dr. Weihua Liu, Ms. Camila Murillo, and Ms. Natalia Zaytseva, K-nearest Neighbor Algorithm and Its Applications (3/1/2018)
Dr. Bogong Su, Dr. Weihua Liu, Mr. Michael Greco, and Mr. Dev Dave, Data Normalization and Clustering (2/1/2018)