Many seminars are offered during the academic year to enrich the intellectual pursuit of our students. National and international reputable scientists, educators, or industry professionals are invited to speak in the computer science colloquia, seminars, or in the lecture series sponsored by corporation, Computer Science Society, Student Chapter of ACM, or the UPE Honor Society.
UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series*:
- Dr. Edward Chapel (NJEdge): Communicating and Engaging in the Digital Age (4/16/2019) - Presentation Slides
- Mr. Steve Lutinski (Verizon Enterprise Solutions): The Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (4/6/2018) - The UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series was part of The 4th Annual Cyber Security and Big Data Analytics Symposium program.
- Dr. Steven M. Bellovin (Columbia University): Computers, Society, and the Law (4/6/2017) - Presentation Slides
- Dr. Mung Chiang (Princeton University): SDP: Smart Data Pricing from Theory to Deployment (4/13/2016) - Presentation Slides
- *The UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series is made possible by a generous grant from the UPS Foundation of UPS.
Computer Science Colloquia, Seminars, and Lecture Series:
- Data Science Research Seminars (William Paterson University):
- Dr. Cyril S. Ku, Data Science Research in the Department of Computer Science at William Paterson University (3/22/2018)
- Ms. Sara M. Steinel, Naïve Bayes Algorithm: How the Naïve Bayes Classifier works in Machine Learning (3/22/2018)
- Dr. Weihua Liu, Ms. Camila Murillo, and Ms. Natalia Zaytseva, K-nearest Neighbor Algorithm and Its Applications (3/1/2018)
- Dr. Bogong Su, Dr. Weihua Liu, Mr. Michael Greco, and Mr. Dev Dave, Data Normalization and Clustering (2/1/2018)
- Dr. Kiho Lim (University of South Dakota): A Scalable and Secure Key Distribution Scheme for Group Signature based Authentication in VANET (10/19/2017)
- Ms. Ana K. Ocampo and Dr. Cyril S. Ku (William Paterson University): Data Analytics for YRBS (Youth Risk Behavior Survey) Data using Machine Learning and Data Mining Techniques (5/5/2017)