All our students have an assigned professional advisor from the Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center. After a student has declared Computer Science or Computer Information Technology as his or her major and earned 30 credit hours, a faculty advisor from the Computer Science Department is assigned to the student. The advisor-advisee relationship continues on a one-to-one basis until graduation. Advisement involves more than just course selection and Alternate PIN number. Advisors provide guidance and gauge the progress of advisees. Besides assisting in problem resolution, they open up opportunities in internship, student research, and other directions of professional growth. Their insight and tremendous wealth of knowledge and scholarship will augment, enhance, and refine students from every point in the academic spectrum.
- CS Degree Requirements: CS Major Curriculum, CS Prerequisite Chart
- CIT Degree Requirements: CIT Major Curriculum, CIT Prerequisite Chart
- Department Advisement Session: Student Registration Form
- Registration Timetables: https://www.wpunj.edu/registrar/registration/
- Course Offerings: https://selfservice.wpunj.edu/pls/PROD/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched
- UCC Courses: https://webapps.wpunj.edu/facultyservices/wpucc/ website_pages/ucc_courses.cfm
- Academic Catalog: https://academiccatalog.wpunj.edu/
At the university level, the Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center provides a comprehensive program designed to assist students in making appropriate choices related to selecting a college major and ultimately defining their career goals. The center works in collaboration with the Computer Science Department to provide students with the essential tools needed to achieve academic and career success.