Many seminars are offered during the academic year to enrich the intellectual pursuit of our students. National and international reputable scientists, educators, or industry professionals are invited to speak in the computer science colloquia, seminars, or in the lecture series sponsored by corporation, Computer Science Society, Student Chapter of ACM, or the UPE Honor Society.
UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series*:
- *The UPS Computer Information Technology Lecture Series is made possible by a generous grant from the UPS Foundation of UPS.
- Dr. Steven M. Bellovin (Columbia University): Computers, Society, and the Law (4/6/2017) - Presentation Slides
- Dr. Mung Chiang (Princeton University): SDP: Smart Data Pricing from Theory to Deployment (4/13/2016) - Presentation Slides
Computer Science Colloquia, Seminars, and Lecture Series:
- Dr. Kiho Lim (University of South Dakota): A Scalable and Secure Key Distribution Scheme for Group Signature based Authentication in VANET (10/19/2017) - Presentation Slides
- Ms. Ana K. Ocampo and Dr. Cyril S. Ku (William Paterson University): Data Analytics for YRBS (Youth Risk Behavior Survey) Data using Machine Learning and Data Mining Techniques (5/5/2017)
- Mr. Ian Bentley (MongoDB, Inc.): MongoDB: Document-Oriented Database (4/9/2015)
- Dr. Cyril S. Ku (William Paterson University): The Multi-Dimensional Unified Process (10/27/2014)
- CSTA Meeting: An Opportunity to Learn What You Need to be a Computer Science Teacher in New Jersey (2/4/2014)
- Mr. Greg Peterson (Comcast): Leading Teams that Perform Quality Assurance of New Complex Residential and Commercial Services (11/12/2013)
- Mr. Adam Platt (API Systems, Inc.): Real World Software Engineering: The Gap between Theory and Practice (10/23/2013)
- Mr. Mark Breznak (Third Wave Business Systems, LLC): Leveraging Key Opportunities to Choose a Direction in an IT Career (10/23/2013)
- UPS Information Services: Panel Discussion & Networking Session (4/18/2013)
- Mr. Willie Williams (AT&T): Reviewing Major Business and Technology Trends Driving the Adoption of Mobile Computing (3/27/2013)